Stance is a design company purposed for the next generation of challenges.
By combining Behavioural Science with strategic design and technology, we uncover human insight to create communications, experiences and products that create broader value and improve people’s lives.
We merge strategic rigour with creative craft to create brands that resonate globally and digital products used by millions.
Our partners are brands, organisations and individuals who are advancing solutions for challenging issues. They are focused on sustaining long term value for a wider group of stakeholders.
Stance is on a mission to design a better future for everyone, which you can read more about here.
What we’re looking for
Your primary focus is with brilliant typography, layout and visual identity skills, but also you’re not phased turning your hand to some digital art direction and light UI design when needed.
You can dissect a brief, understand strategy and translate it into original concepts, which you build out into workable design systems across all online and offline platforms.
You’ll run projects independently, overseeing designers and animators, presenting to clients and working alongside other disciplines. We are seeking a Senior Designer who can serve a dual role—one part team leader, one part designer. Being able to mentor and communicate to others is essential.
You’re happy to apply yourself to a range of disciplines, and get stuck into a mix of brand and digital work for clients in a range of sectors.
You will be responsible for sustaining and elevating the calibre of the visual design across all of our work.
You have a strong point of view. You will challenge and push our design aesthetic: bring new ideas and strategic thinking to build thoughtful design systems that balance client needs and forward thinking.
You have a broad view of design and it’s potential, both in application and broader value creation.
You are looking for the opportunity to really grow, with the aim to develop into a more senior role.
You want to design the brands and businesses of the future.
- This is a senior role. You bring at least 5 years of experience in an agency environment.
- Preferably a branding agency.
- You are an expert with the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and solid working knowledge of Figma.
- You have excellent organisational and presentational skills.
- Excellent conceptual and visualisation abilities
- You have an appetite for diverse assignments, client challenges and being pushed to think in new ways.
- You’ll have proven leadership skills and can provide insight, encouragement, and constructive direction to a varied team of designers, writers and producers.
- You’re mature and perceptive — able to ‘read’ a room and evaluate complex meetings.
- You’ll have a inspiring portfolio full of your own recent work
- Competitive salary
- A profit share
- Happy to discuss any additional benefits that will enhance your working life (e.g. gym, cycle to work, medical, etc).
- 28 days holiday
- Based in Glasgow
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Senior Designer APPLICATION and please supply the following:
- Email with brief outline why you are applying
- CV PDF with outline of relevant experience
- Portfolio PDF sent as a dropbox link (please don’t attached in email).