Stance is a design company purposed for the next generation of challenges.
By combining Behavioural Science with strategic design and technology, we uncover human insight to create communications, experiences and products that reduce uncertainty and improve people’s lives.
We have created brands that resonate globally and built digital products used by millions.
We are designing better ways of operating, approaching problems, producing solutions, and measuring value. In doing so we have created a stronger foundation on which to tackle some of the biggest challenges faced by society.
Our partners are brands, organisations and individuals who are advancing solutions for challenging issues. They are innovating to make the world better for lots of people, while still growing viable, sustainable and valuable enterprises.
Stance is on a mission to design a better future for everyone. If this sounds as exciting to you as it is for us, then feel free to get in touch.
You can read more about what we’re doing here.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a project manager (or producer) to help us deliver the best work in the most efficient way possible to clients that love working with us.
- A few years under your belt working in an agency, product team or brand managing diverse teams on complex projects. Attitude, evidence of experience and outcomes are more important than titles.
- Experience delivering digital experience, brand, research projects (or at least a reasonable mix of three and evidence you can figure things out).
- A balance of organiser and entrepreneur.
- A fixer – you can just get things done.
- You own the process but you will do anything to support others to ensure we deliver.
- An ability to help people do their best work.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum results within the boundaries of time, specification and cost.
This is a long list, but in summary you will own and continuously improve our ability to deliver effective and profitable work.
- Experience of PM process and tools but a desire to trial and optimise those processes and tools.
- Confident leading conversations with business owners.
- Confident working with (briefing, reviewing, scheduling, costing) multidisciplinary teams (please evidence experience here).
- Facilitation experience – you know how to run a good workshop.
- Identifying, planning and running research, design and digital projects – please detail your experience in each. (behavioural/data projects a bonus).
- Good writing skills – proposal writing required.
- Establish, own and improve all delivery process.
- Experience of sprint delivery (e.g. agile, GV).
- Project budget planning and management.
- Working with MD to identify new business opportunities.
- Interpreting and interrogating client briefs, mapping expectations, deliverables and potential challenges.
- Translating brief requirements to ensure that we have the resource and capabilities in place to deliver on time and on budget.
- Overseeing workflow (resource and capabilities) across projects with the leads across insight, strategy design and technology.
- Scoping projects and proposals/budgets for the client together with the leads across insight, strategy design and technology.
- Tracking change requests and signing-off quotations as projects progress.
- Coordination and continuous follow-up on activities, budgets and reporting – internally and externally with clients.
- Run meetings to keep team on track, focused or occasionally refocused, while ensuring not to over-manage and distract.
- Wrapping up projects internally to recognise improvements for next time and make/take suggestions.
- Be the day-to-day first point of escalation for project process and task-related queries, internally and with the client.
- Being part of Stance internal projects and events (wiki, sustainability tools, talk series, etc).
- Competitive salary
- A profit share
- Happy to discuss any additional benefits that will enhance your working life (e.g. gym, cycle to work, medical, etc).
- Days out, talks, lunches. We do fun stuff together because we enjoy each other’s company.
- 28 days holiday
- Based in Glasgow
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Project Manager APPLICATION and please supply the following:
- An email with an outline of why you are applying.
- CV PDF with an outline of relevant experience.