Stance is a design company purposed for the next generation of challenges.
By combining Behavioural Science with strategic design and technology, we uncover human insight to create communications, experiences and products that create broader value and improve people’s lives.
We merge strategic rigour with creative craft to create brands that resonate globally and digital products used by millions.
Our partners are brands, organisations and individuals who are advancing solutions for challenging issues. They are focused on sustaining long term value for a wider group of stakeholders.
Stance is on a mission to design a better future for everyone, which you can read more about here.
What we’re looking for
- Youʼre an optimist that understands the power of design to create a better world for everyone.
- You are curious about people.
- You understand the importance of insight and strategy in the resultant execution.
- Your ideas are not bound by the expertise you or your team don’t immediately possess.
- You’re interested in or questioning how your skills can create broader value to society.
- You want to design the brands and businesses of the future, not the past.
- You can hold the attention of a room.
- You are very ambitious.
- You love design, but your interests are broad.
- You are looking for the opportunity to be part of the leadership team growing of a purposeful and innovative design company.
- You’re game for the challenges ahead.
- You currently hold a leadership role, with 8+ years of industry experience, ideally, working within a leading design /branding agency, or acting as a lead person on branding projects.
- Proven track record of building and leading a team a multidisciplinary team across identity, digital, motion, campaign. This will be part of your remit.
- You know how to encourage, develop and give constructive direction to people at various levels of experience.
- Branding and communication is your focus, but with a broad experience in its execution..
- Proven track record creating brands and experiences as part of large scale projects for recognised companies.
- Very aware of cultural trends.
- You’re a practitioner. This is a leadership role, but you will still be on the tools. (and you wouldn’t have it any other way).
- Your folio is filled with your own recent world-class work.
- A willingness and ability to travel regularly (often to London).
- Competitive salary
- A profit share
- Equity option, dependent on experience
- Happy to discuss any additional benefits that will enhance your working life (e.g. gym, cycle to work, medical, etc).
- 28 days holiday
- Position is based in Glasgow.
Email email@example.com with the subject line CREATIVE DIRECTOR APPLICATION and please supply the following:
- An email with an outline of why you are applying.
- CV PDF with an outline of relevant experience & technical skills.
- Portfolio PDF sent as a dropbox link (please don’t attach in the email).