Location: Glasgow, London or remote
Are you a driven entrepreneur who can quickly wrap their head around complex concepts and client sectors? Are you looking for the opportunity to be part of building a company focused on purposeful behaviour change?
Stance is a design company purposed for the next generation of challenges. We apply behavioural science and design innovation methods to sustainability challenges to increase outcome certainty and enable measurable behaviour change at scale.
Our partners are private and public sector organisations who are advancing solutions for challenging issues. They are focused on reducing risk and building long-term value through sustainable innovation.
Stance is on a mission to design a better future for everyone, which you read more about here.
What we’re looking for
You will identify and develop new opportunities.
- A driven entrepreneur with the grit for the challenge and mind to navigate ambiguity and learn quickly.
- Proven professional experience in a customer-facing role developing new business opportunities.
- Scale-up or bluechip, you can confidently converse with board-level owners and senior people.
- A strong commercial aptitude and ability to meet sales targets.
- Working in our sector not essential but relevant experience or education in technology, business, marketing or science is essential.
- It goes without saying that you’re a people person that strikes the balance of charm and professionalism.
What we need from you
This is a long list, but in summary you, with the support of the senior team, you will own and develop our sales pipeline, as well as oversee our strategic communications.
- Identify and qualify new sales leads – using networks and online research.
- Follow up on any sales opportunities, communicating relevant information clearly.
- Form and maintain strong relationships with new and existing partners using telephone, email and online contact.
- Become an expert on the company’s products, target industries, markets and be able to pitch them effectively to current and potential customers.
- Work to monthly sales targets and KPIs.
- Represent the company at conferences, meetings and industry events.
- Confident leading conversations with C-suite executives from multinational companies.
- Events or facilitation experience useful – you will be supporting our events and talks.
- Preparing research materials – industries, markets, regulation – that will support new business development.
- Good writing skills absolutely essential to aid in writing proposals.
- Possess good knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) tools (trialling pipedrive currently).
- Be comfortable in a target-driven environment and work to overcome any barriers that would prevent targets being met.
- Be able to demonstrate good time management and planning skills.
- Take full ownership of the sales cycle (w/ support from CEO/board).
- Overseeing new business strategy with CEO and board.
- Producing proposals and presentations for customers to land new accounts.
- Liaising with other members of the business on existing accounts.
- Previous experience working in a B2B sales industry or account management role.
- Proven track record of growing business with large customer accounts.
- The ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team.
- Eligible to travel across the world to our international conferences and networking events.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Supporting pitching (creation and presenting).
- Competitive salary
- A profit share
- Cycle to work, gym membership, pension contribution, flexible working.
- 28 days holiday
Email email@example.com with the subject line Business Development Manager APPLICATION to introduce yourself in the first instance.