Are you experienced in applying behavioural science/behavioural insights to solve real-world problems?
Stance is a design company purposed for the next generation of challenges.
By combining Behavioural Science with strategic design and technology, we uncover human insight to create communications, experiences and products that create broader value and improve people’s lives.
Our partners are brands, organisations and individuals who are advancing solutions for challenging issues. They are focused on sustaining long term value for a wider group of stakeholders.
We are designing better ways of operating, approaching problems, producing solutions, and measuring value. We have created a stronger foundation on which to tackle some of the biggest challenges faced by society, while still growing viable, sustainable and valuable enterprises.
Stance is on a mission to design a better future for everyone, which you can read more about here.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an experienced, energetic and entrepreneurial behavioural scientist to join our growing multidisciplinary team across behavioural sciences, strategy, design and digital technology.
Following a number of recent project wins and new clients, we are looking to hire an experienced behavioural scientist to lead projects and help build the team. You will be experienced leading a multidisciplinary team, working with external specialists and broad stakeholder groups. This is a practitioner role, but leadership experience and plenty of ambition will be a necessary part of the equation.
Stance’s roots are in design across communication and experience, so you will be working alongside designers, strategists and developers. Behavioural change projects are a major focus in our growth. These projects will often run independently, but it’s a collaborative team and you will have specialists to clearly visualise data and insight, through to prototyping interventions at all scales. Equally, the behavioural team will bring diverse thinking to our strategy and execution beyond purely behavioural change projects.
This is an opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of an innovative company with huge ambition. Our vision is to build a company of diverse expertise designed to enable positive change on a large scale.
- To take a lead on behavioural science-related projects – spanning behavioural design, research and insight, sprints/workshops and consultancy.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of projects – demonstrating effectiveness, profitability and a high level of client service.
- Client-facing role to support with new business development and growth, including proposal writing and pitches.
- To keep pace with the very latest behavioural science thinking and practices to help drive constant innovation.
Learning and development
- Support with sharing and embedding the latest behavioural insights, innovations and ideas across the wider team via on-the-job training, mentoring/coaching and in-house L&D
- Create and lead workshops out of our studio or for clients at their offices.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in applying behavioural science/behavioural insights – a sound understanding and application of behavioural science to help clients solve real-world problems.
- Master’s degree in Social Psychology, Organisational Psychology, Management Sciences, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience of delivering end-to-end projects in a commercial setting – from conducting behavioural science-based research and insight, to consultancy, sprints/workshops and the design of behaviourally-informed solutions.
- Research skills: Experience and expertise in designing, implementing, and evaluating randomised controlled trials in complex and diverse country contexts.
- Private sector experience – either agency/consultancy or client side.
- Public sector experience- working in or with government bodies or agencies on public projects and/or policy.
- Demonstrable experience of presenting complex subjects to large groups
- Commercially minded, with experience of managing large budget projects.
- Enjoy working at pace and being overcoming obstacles that don’t sit exactly within your remit.
- A willingness and ability to travel regularly.
- (Bonus if experienced in applying design thinking and design sprints)
- Competitive salary
- A profit share
- Equity option, dependent on experience
- Happy to discuss any additional benefits that will enhance your working life (e.g. gym, cycle to work, medical, etc).
- 28 days holiday
- Based in Glasgow
Email email@example.com with the subject line Behavioural Scientist APPLICATION and please supply the following:
- Email with brief outline why you are applying
- CV PDF with outline of relevant experience