Are you experienced in applying behavioural science to solve business and societal problems? Are you looking for the opportunity to be part of building a company focused on behaviour change?
Stance is a design company purposed for the next generation of challenges. We apply behavioural science and design innovation methods to sustainability challenges to increase outcome certainty and enable measurable behaviour change at scale.
Our partners are private and public sector organisations who are advancing solutions for challenging issues. They are focused on reducing risk and building long-term value through sustainable innovation.
Stance is on a mission to design a better future for everyone, which you read more about here.
What we’re looking for
We are looking to hire a behavioural scientist with commercial application experience to take the lead on projects as well as help as build the business.
You will be experienced leading a multidisciplinary team, working with external specialists and comfortable engaging with C-suite. This is a practitioner role, but leadership experience and plenty of ambition will be a necessary part of the equation.
This is an opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of an innovative company with huge ambition. Our vision is to build a company of diverse expertise designed to enable positive change on a large scale.
- Client-facing role to support with new business development and growth, including proposal writing and pitches.
- To keep pace with the very latest behavioural science thinking and practices to help drive constant innovation.
- Regular publishing of through leadership aligned with our practice and industry focus.
- Create and lead (initially anyway) workshops for clients an prospects.
- To take a lead on planning and delivery of both pure behavioural projects as well as give an expert opinion on other projects.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of projects – demonstrating effectiveness, profitability and a high level of client service.
Learning and development
- Support with sharing and embedding the latest behavioural insights, innovations and ideas across the wider team via on-the-job training, mentoring/coaching and in-house L&D.
- Actively pursue opportunities to speak publicly about your/our work.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in applying behavioural science/behavioural insights – a sound understanding and application of behavioural science to help clients solve real-world problems.
- Master’s degree in Social Psychology, Organisational Psychology, Management Sciences, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience of delivering end-to-end projects in a commercial setting – from conducting behavioural science-based research and insight, or at least in a strategic consultancy context.
- Research skills: Experience and expertise in designing, implementing, and evaluating randomised controlled trials in complex and diverse country contexts.
- Private sector experience – either agency/consultancy or client side.
- Public sector experience- working in or with government bodies or agencies on public projects and/or policy.
- Demonstrable experience of presenting complex subjects to large groups.
- Commercially minded, with experience of managing large budget projects.
- Enjoy working at pace and being overcoming obstacles that don’t sit exactly within your remit.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity.
- A willingness and ability to travel regularly.
- Competitive salary, obviously.
- Equity option
- Happy to discuss any additional benefits that will enhance your working life (e.g. gym, cycle to work, medical, etc).
- Based in Glasgow, London also an option.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Lead Behavioural Scientist APPLICATION and please supply the following:
- Email with brief outline why you are applying
- CV PDF with outline of relevant experience
Based in Glasgow, working nationally/internationally. London could be an option, but Glasgow preferred in the first year.